- Creating and accessing a Knowledgescotland.org Account
- Your obligations
- Your data
- Our data
- Closing and suspending Knowledgescotland.org Accounts
- Disclaimer and your liability to us
- General legal matters
|"Account"||an online account which provides access to the Service.|
|the "Service"||the 'knowledgescotland.org web portal' service provided by us via the password protected section of this website.|
|"we", "our" and "us"|| the joint providers of the Service, being SRUC (a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC103046, having its registered office at SRUC, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JG and registered as a charity in Scotland with registered number SC003712) and SAC Commercial Limited (a limited company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC148684 and having its registered office at Peter Wilson Building, King's Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JG.)
|"you"||you, the person who accesses and uses this website and/or the Service.|
|"Your Business"||a sole trader, partnership or company which you own or otherwise work for.|
How to apply: In order to access and become a registered user of knowledgescotland.org Account must first be created. The process for setting up a knowledgescotland.org account requires approval by a knowledgescotland.org administrator before the account can become available. You can apply for an account to be created by clicking on the “register” option on the website.
Refusal: We reserve the right, at our discretion, not to accept an application to create a knowledgescotland.org Account.
Accessibility: We support the Web Accessibility Initiative and are committed to making our site as accessible as possible to everyone. We welcome your comments and suggestions about how to make the Service and this website more accessible. If you are unable to access the information you require from this website, please contact us for assistance.
Restrictions on use: You must:
- Own account: only access the knowledgescotland.org Account which has been allocated to you;
Prohibited conduct: You must not:
- Disruption: do anything which could reasonably be expected to damage, disable, overburden, or materially impair the Service or our website generally or which is likely to interfere with any other party's use or enjoyment of the Service;
- Unauthorised access: use the Service for the purpose of accessing any content which you should reasonably suspect you are not authorised to access; nor
- Dispute IP: question or dispute our ownership of the intellectual property rights in the Service and this website.
Prohibited material: You are prohibited from submitting any material to us via the Service or otherwise which is or which links to or refers to any material which:
- Objectionable: is threatening, abusive, malicious, defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit, blasphemous, profane, intended or likely to incite racial or religious hatred, or is otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way in terms of standards prevailing from time to time in the United Kingdom;
- Illegal: is unlawful or which encourages the commission of a criminal offence;
- Infected: contains a virus, worm, trojan or other hostile computer program; or
- Breaches rights: infringes any intellectual property rights or data protection rights of any third party.
Security: Your are ultimately responsible for administering and safeguarding any passwords created to control access to its Knowledgescotland.org Accounts: please keep any password issued to you secure.
Restrictions on use of website content: You may not (and may not permit others to):
- Modification: modify any documents or related graphics obtained via this website in any way (unless we grant you written permission to do so);
- Ownership notices: remove, obscure or otherwise disassociate any of our copyright or trade mark notices from any copies of this website's content; nor
Linking to this website: You may only create a link to our website homepage at https://www.knowledgescotland.org. You may not create any link to any other page of this website, nor frame it, without our prior written consent, nor may you restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of it by anyone else.
Closure by us without cause: We reserve the right to close any knowledgescotland.org Account for any reason, by giving one weeks' notice. We may also discontinue any feature of the Service immediately without notice.
What we are liable for: We do not restrict our liability (if any) for:
- personal injury or human deaths resulting from our negligence;
- fraud committed by us; nor
- any other matter which it would be illegal to limit or to attempt to restrict.
Exclusion of our liability: You use this website and the Service entirely at your own risk. We exclude all other liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage arising in connection with the Service or the website generally (even if we have been advised of their possibility.) For the avoidance of doubt:
- Errors: The information on this website is not intended to constitute professional advice. We exclude all liability for errors or omissions from information, materials or functions in or of the Service.
- Service standard: The Service is provided "as is". We make no guarantee that the Service will be suitable for your intended use, neither do we guarantee that it will be error-free, timely, reliable, entirely secure, virus-free or available, especially since we are dependent on the reliability of the Internet and your use of your own computer to access the Service.
- Disruptions: We will try to keep disruptions to a minimum but we may suspend the Service from time to time to carry out maintenance and support work and to investigate unauthorised use. We exclude all liability for business interruption resulting from the use or inaccessibility of the Service.
- Third parties: We exclude liability relating to information provided by other users of the Service which you rely on or otherwise make use of. We exclude liability for misuse by third parties of information provided to other users of the Service. We also exclude liability relating to your collaboration with any third party as a result of using the Service or connected with any hyperlink on this website.
- Indirect damage: In no event will we be liable to you for loss of profit, indirect or consequential damages.
Time limit on claims: In the event that our liability cannot be excluded, where permitted, we shall not be liable for any claims which you fail to notify us of within 12 months of your first knowledgescotland.org Account being created.
Unsolicited email: You agree not to send unsolicited e-mails for the purposes of advertising or market research to the e-mail addresses provided on this website.